I am going to be hosting and leading a Lyric Writing Workshop on March 23 and 24 at my home in St Louis Park. This workshop will be like a 2 session Lyric Writing Bootcamp. The sessions will be from 10 to 4 both days, with an hour break for lunch. You will leave the workshop with at least 1 written and rewritten full song lyric. You will also leave having new ideas and techniques you can use on future songs…
There is only room for 4 people in this workshop, so you will need to sign up quickly! Usually I charge $100 per person for this, but if you sign up by March 17th I am giving you a 50% discount, so it is just $50 per person!
We will focus on these and many other topics:
- How to make your listener connect with your song
- Ways to makes sure you are communicating the correct emotions
- What should my second verse say?
- How to use structure to make your song more effective
- How to rewrite your song effectively
- Story Development
- Rhyme Schemes
- 7 types of Choruses
- Common Verse types
- Writing a complete lyric from start to finish
- How to use Contrast and Prosody effectively
- Do I need a prechorus?
- Steps to writing when ideas just aren’t flowing
- How to start with an idea and end with a complete lyric
- Internal vs External lines and how to use them effectively
To sign up, please send me an email and I can get you signed up. I will send you an online invoice so you can pay the fee conveniently online.
What: Lyric Writing Workshop
When: March 23 and 24 – 10am to 4pm (hour break for lunch)
Where: Chad’s Home – off of 394 and 169 in St Louis Park
Price: $50 per person if you sign up by March 17th
This is a great opportunity to spend a couple of days focused on improving your songwriting, and completing a full song lyric.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to having you join this workshop!